Explorations on the Shaman’s Path
2010 dates tbc
with Leo Rutherford
Four extended weekend meetings throughout 2020
Days run Saturday & Sunday 10am – 6pm (approx) & Monday 10am – 5pm.
“One of the experiences that set me on the shamans’ path is a trip in Peru back in 1986 with Alberto Villoldo and Inca/Moche shaman don Eduardo Calderon. This was framed as a journey to the Four Directions and it changed me.
“Ever since I have seen /sensed/ felt/ lived life from the perspective of and guided by the Medicine Wheel and the teachings of the ancients.”Leo Rutherford
The Medicine Wheel is a circle of power and knowledge, a way of understanding life framed in a circle. The Medicine Wheel is not a belief system but a way to see life clearly, a series of diagrams to help understand the structure of life and see how one action causes another. It reaches how to steer a good heart-full road through life’s many challenges.
This course will take the form of a journey, first on the Red Road – to the South – the past, the inner child, the emotional body, water, and the qualities of trust and innocence, and the North – the future, the adult, the mental body, air, and the qualities of knowledge and wisdom – and second on the Blue Road – to the West – present moment, the inner spirit adult, the physical body, the earth and the qualities of inner knowledge – and the East – timeless, the magical child, the spirit, fire and the quality of personal power.
The journey leads to much greater self knowledge, sense of empowerment, ability to manifest the life we really want to live, and feelings of satisfaction and joy in being the Self that we are.
- First meeting – The Red Road – starting the journey: The Medicine Wheel beginning with the Four Directions, the Seven of Creation, the Eight of pattern, the Nine of design and choice. Then the Twenty Count and the Star Maiden’s Circle; a Ceremony of Commitment to ourself, The Journey and to each other. Looking at your life story as if it were a movie, what has brought you to the present moment and what will help you shift your life onward.
- Sweatlodge ceremony, the Star Maiden’s Circle – exploring how to gain freedom from old false messages, to unstick your life; initial foray into trance dance and journeying to unravel knots.
- The Blue Road. Trust exercises and other challenges to shift your energy matrix. Dance, play and the Magical Child. Psychic development exercises, exploring energy. Shamanic Journeying leading to Soul Retrieval, Trance dance (Spirit Movement), Extraction medicine.
- A look at death both as the final act of life and the challenge of aliveness versus deadness while alive. Ceremonies of Re-Parenting, Integration, Rounding the Circle, Completions, grounding, looking to the future. The Real Laws of Attraction and how to manifest the future you really want.
This course will show you:
- HOW TO: Map Life, the Universe and Everything and find your path-with-heart through the ‘matrix’
- HOW TO: sweat out the old, shake yourself free of negative beliefs about yourself.
- HOW TO: find and celebrate the Magical Child within yourself, to laugh and have fun as way of life.
- HOW TO: Navigate whatever life throws at you and attract the life you really wish for.
There will be homework assignments and we will set-up email/ Skype sharing so everyone can help each other and continue the group process while we are apart.
For those who wish to continue, the second year will include practitioner training.
“Experiencing the first year of Leo’s Journey round the Wheel of your Life course was one of the best decisions/choices I have made in recent years. If I said it has contributed to a great change in my life it would be close, but far more accurate is that it created a great change in me.
“Leo holds space as only an experienced and wise Elder can. He is willing to learn as we learn, he is expert in offering many layered ways to bring our lessons forth. The group became a family, the lessons of one was a teaching for us all!”Ruth Ford
“Thank you very much for these past months & the journey round the wheel. I gained much from this and the group and it has been lovely to reconnect with you…. In deep appreciation of what you bring & gratitude for what these months have brought me. I do hope you will keep in touch.”With Love & a Big Hug, Sally-Anne Fraser
“….want to let you know that since I have met you I actually feel Like I have something to offer the world and I knew that you would make me face myself and teach me all the things that I have ran away from. Thank you so much Leo for giving me the space to start to heal my wounds which run right through to my soul and are the foundation of my teaching.”Peter Askew
Clophill Centre, Shefford Road, Clophill, Bedfordshire, MK45 4BT.
Simple yurt accommodation at Clophill or local B&B’s.
£845 by instalments. Booking deposit £200.
Some work exchange / concessions can be arranged.
Tel: 01525 861456 / 862278